Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I guess that there'll be double posts today, soon you'll know why.

The fact that I'm blogging now, not because that I've gotten my mojo back, but I just feel the need to write this down somewhere. So there.

-----





being daughter.



A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. -Author Unknown

Can I beg to differ? ):<


being THE ONLY daughter ..
  • means I've to put up the curtains in the hall since my brothers are probably working, or doing something that is deeemed so important -.-
  • means I've to vacuum the whole house, sweep the floor and to mop the floor before the big carpet can be put.
  • means I've to prepare the table before every meal - hot tea or coffee or whatever drinks and the plates have to be ready.
  • means I had to wake up early in the morning to go to the market so that I'll be able to get the food stuff for my mom to cook.
  • means I have to endure the criticisms of my really bad way of sweeping the floor with leaves dust behind somehow.
  • means I've to constantly clean and clear my study table which now, doesn't quite resemble one.
  • means I've to serve guests drinks and actually talk to them without being labelled as arrogant -.-

Well, it means I've my obligated daughter-ly duties to fill. Period.

Being the only daughter, I have many responsibilities that I am obligated to do and to carry out. There are countless times when they would automatically call out for me to fetch a glass of water, or to pick them up from the market where they are shopping from, no matter how tired I am.  From the littlest things to major stuff, I can say that I would always without fail and without complain when I do all those things.

I realized that being the only daughter, means there may be at times when I have to sacrifice what I want to do most, just have to get in the good books of people. Yeah, it's actually that bad.


Although this may not be the case for everyone. Sometimes when a Mother has only boys, well, she can only rely on them to help her with the daily chores right? Either way, being daughter has it's expectations and obligations. It is just different from sons.


Hell, I'm blabbering again.

Well, I guess, it's for my understanding. If you don't, then don't bother to.

Anyway, I don't wanna seem like an emotional basket case, so I shan't pursue it even further. 





A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life. -Irish Saying

I couldn't agree more.

No comments: